Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What Hope Smells Like . . .


If all goes well, I'll submit my dissertation to my committee in ten days. It's been a long haul, a blistering, exhausting, questionable marathon, a mountain of prayers, and a basket overflowing with kindness from friends and family.

Yesterday, a dear friend brought over a small vial of lemon oil as her offering of support in these final, grueling days. It's a happy scent, surprisingly refreshing and energizing.

Did you know that hope smells like lemon?


6 comments:

Kako said...

I have to tell you that I totally agree. I picked some lemons at a friends house and could not pull it away from my nose. I love this post. Congrats on getting to the end!

theaccidentalkiwi said...

Congrats Ani! The last bit is the hardest part--you'll get there!

Welch Mom said...

YEAH!! Good for you keep on going you can do it :)

Liisa said...

Go Anny! I'm a bit late in commenting and now you are down to 8 days. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see the pictures of the completed work! I only did a master's thesis and I was so glad to get rid of it, defend it and only have minor revisions. May you be blessed with a smooth process...

Becky Reeder said...

Lemon oil sounds like it would smell divine! Good luck in these final hours and Congrats!

Marilyn said...

Who says that if life hands you lemons you have to make lemonade. There are many ways to enjoy lemons just the way they are. Way to edure to the end! You are one amazing person. Congratulations!