Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gutting a Nissan

Brian spent last Saturday taking apart his car. As evidence, I present the following artifact:


In case it's not readily apparent, this is the front of Brian's car - the innards of the steering wheel and dashboard.

Some of the removed parts were stashed in the back seat, the others in a box.


This saga began a couple months ago when Brian's radiator exploded while on the way to Detroit to attend the temple. Unfortunately, said explosion occurred during rush hour and by the time he could pull over, the entire heating system was fried. (An unexpected blessing of temple attendance?)

And thus Brian embarked on a 12-step, multi-week process of restoring life to his car. My two favorites scenes in this drama include a) winning a free football at Napa Auto Parts and b) Brian's ingenious use of a mop handle to reroute something or other in the heating system. I mean, seriously, who else do you know who thinks to patch together a car with janitorial supplies? Even more, who else do you know who would be visionary enough to place a football in my hands?

Yes. This man of mine is truly remarkable.

And yes. He did eventually put the car back together again and it runs swimmingly. According to his report, out of the 125 screws he unscrewed initially, only 2 remained unaccounted for in the end.

3 comments:

Kristen Blair said...

I about passed out when I saw that you had posted! I hadn't planned to even bother checking but then I did and I am still in shock. I'm glad to see that the gutted car is recovering duly. Wish it well.

Amber said...

I totally second what Kristen said. Brian must have a particularly sharp right hippocampus to accomplish that kind of a task. This is a very desirable trait in a future spouse, so I commend you on your taste in men with active right hippocampuses. :)

Natalie said...

A much braver endeavor than any I'd ever try to attempt. Chalk up more reasons to marry the man! :)